Backyard Basketball Court

primetime

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 28, 2008
Sinking Spring, PA
I am planning on building a pool next spring. As part of the project I want to put a basketball court in my back yard. The size will be approximately 25X30. Due to township zoning requirements I cannot use anymore concrete or asphalt since I will have used up my allowance of non-porous material around the pool. If I use anymore I need a "water management plan".

I found outdoor court compnaies on the net, but thay all need concrete bases.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

uwimage said:
I ran across these guys: http://www.dallasbasketballcourts.com/b ... courts.htm While doing some research on garage floors, I'm not sure if it's a concrete base or not but they say something about some kind of injection molding...sounds interesting...love to get one of their batting cages if I had the room to live out my youth dreams :lol:

I sent versacourt an email to see if there is a dealer near me.

Thanks!

That pourous concrete is called Concrete Treated Permeable Base and is stiff and allows plenty of water through the pours. I had never thought about using it for a basketball court but that sounds ingenious. There is also an equivalent asphalt product. As you might guess it is call an Asphalt Treated Permeable Base and is actually even more poursous than the concrete version. Both of these products are used to get water out from underneath a concrete surface course in a hurry to try to prevent damage.

Riles

primetime said:
Very interesting! Thanks for the link.

I am going to set up a time to meet with the township in the next two weeks. I will present this as an alternative.

I hadn't realized when I first responded to your post that you were in the Reading Area. I live in Bernville, and work in Sinking Spring. Nice to see someone from the area. :wave:

It will be interesting to see what the township says, some of the townships in the area don't exactly seem to be open minded.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.