Hydrazzo finish question

Jun 28, 2014
Kent, Ohio
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
I've got a Hydrazzo finish in a new pool that was completed 11 months ago. I notice that when I first take the solar cover off the pool, the water is very clear, but as we swim, it kicks up "dust" and clouds the water a little bit. Ever since the pool turned green in June, I've become a TFP convert and keep a very close watch on my chemical levels. All are within range except for my TA, which I can't seem to get down.

I had the pool empty from October-May 30th. During that time, I noticed that I could sweep about a pound of dust out of the pool twice weekly. It was more of a plaster dust, and not a dirt/desert environment dust. I thought it was because the finish was new and only had water in it for 30 days before I emptied it for the winter. Now that the pool is almost a year old, and has water in it all summer I'm starting to get worried. Is this typical of Hydrazzo, or all masonry pools, or do I have a problem?

Thanks

As he said above, we first need the pool's test results. Second, I will ask you how you clean the pool. I use a robot, which typically has a good amount of dust in it at each cleaning. My pool's surface was just done in November, so I don't consider this unusual.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.