Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hydrazzo finish question

1. Back To Top    #1

Kent, Ohio

Hydrazzo finish question

I've got a Hydrazzo finish in a new pool that was completed 11 months ago. I notice that when I first take the solar cover off the pool, the water is very clear, but as we swim, it kicks up "dust" and clouds the water a little bit. Ever since the pool turned green in June, I've become a TFP convert and keep a very close watch on my chemical levels. All are within range except for my TA, which I can't seem to get down.

I had the pool empty from October-May 30th. During that time, I noticed that I could sweep about a pound of dust out of the pool twice weekly. It was more of a plaster dust, and not a dirt/desert environment dust. I thought it was because the finish was new and only had water in it for 30 days before I emptied it for the winter. Now that the pool is almost a year old, and has water in it all summer I'm starting to get worried. Is this typical of Hydrazzo, or all masonry pools, or do I have a problem?

26' X 45' peanut shaped 42,000 gallon non- SWG polished marble (Hydrazzo) IG outdoor pool 5/2014.
    Pentair Intelliflo 3HP variable speed pump. Pentair Clean and Clear Plus cartridge filter
    Pentair Ultratemp heat pump
    Pentair model 320 chlorine feeder. Ultra Pure Ozonator. Pentair Easy Touch.

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Hydrazzo finish question

I'll bump this question, but please post all test results.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Dallas, TX

Re: Hydrazzo finish question

As he said above, we first need the pool's test results. Second, I will ask you how you clean the pool. I use a robot, which typically has a good amount of dust in it at each cleaning. My pool's surface was just done in November, so I don't consider this unusual.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!