Back Washing at what pressure?

It is getting near time to do my first back wash.
Most of what I have read states a specific "Pressure" is when you back wash if I am understanding correctly?

If that is the case, what is the pressure when one should back wash?

Thank you.
That pressure varies with each pool. How big of a pump, how big of a filter, how long are the pipes, even how many elbows in the plumbing can all affect the operating pressure. What you do is note the normal pressure right after the system was run the first time, or the first time after backwashing. When it increases 25%, you backwash.

If you normally start at 8, backwash at 10. If you normally start at 16, backwash at 20. If you don't know what the clean pressure is, backwash it good now, and note the pressure afterwards and use that as your baseline.

We use bar in Europe instead of PSI, so you have to convert my numbers ..

Normal pressure would be 0,5 bar and at 1 bar you should backwash. I take a look at the gauge onde day or another, and spciallyafter vacuming. When I havent backwashed a time, and it is about 0,7 bar after vacuming I allso do a backwash.

When there is to much water (rain) in the pool, I dump through backwash so I can get rid of water and dirt the same time, regardless the working pressure at he moment.

Hope this helps.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.