Recommendations for larger pool...

dan4jc

Apr 24, 2013
I'm looking into adding a SWG to our pool system. I've been doing some research and the idea of getting a larger size than your pool makes sense. My pool is 37,000 gallons, and with the Aqua-Rite and similar systems that my local place sells and what I see online, the largest available unit is made for a 40K gallon system. I'm afraid that would be too small and I'd be forced to run my pump constantly. Any suggestions on a brand that makes a generator for larger pools? The only thing I've been able to find is a brand named CircuPool, which I've never heard of before. http://discountsaltpool.3dcartstore...-Salt-System-with-7-Year-Warranty-_p_100.html

Anyone else with a similarly-sized pool with a SWG that can share experience?

Much appreciated,
Dan

I have posited this idea a couple of times:

Split the return and put a SWG on each split line - 2 30,000 units (each on a separate line) could generate what you need. a foot or so after the SWG's, join the (now chlorinated) lines back to the original return.

Another thought: If the pool is complex shape with multiple returns to different sections, perhaps insert a SWG immediately ahead of each return - so that, wherever water is coming in, chlorine is also.

Based on feedback to date, my assumption that the outputs of multiple SWG's would be additive (if each is producing 10 mg, and you have 2, you will get 20 mg) is correct.

Just a thought...

I would stay away from CircuPool for now as they just went through a redesign and it seems they are having issues with stock and quality again. If you decide to go the salt route, I would choose AutoPilot and get it from JoshU.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've been reading a lot of good things on the AutoPilot, so I think that's the route I'm going to head. Would it make sense at this point in the year to wait until spring to purchase and install everything when I'm getting ready to open? JoshU, after reading all the positive reviews on your site and what everyone has to say on here, I will be purchasing from you. Any recommendations on installation time: fall vs spring?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.