Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Recommendations for larger pool...

1. Back To Top    #1

Recommendations for larger pool...

I'm looking into adding a SWG to our pool system. I've been doing some research and the idea of getting a larger size than your pool makes sense. My pool is 37,000 gallons, and with the Aqua-Rite and similar systems that my local place sells and what I see online, the largest available unit is made for a 40K gallon system. I'm afraid that would be too small and I'd be forced to run my pump constantly. Any suggestions on a brand that makes a generator for larger pools? The only thing I've been able to find is a brand named CircuPool, which I've never heard of before. http://discountsaltpool.3dcartstores...ty-_p_100.html

Anyone else with a similarly-sized pool with a SWG that can share experience?

Much appreciated,
    Dan
    33K gal L-shaped (2008) IG vinyl | AutoPilot Digital SC60 SWG | 1 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glass pump (model P2RA5E-181L) | 300 sqft Sta-Rite cartridge filter (model S7M120) | Dolphin Sprite cleaning robot | Merlin Smart Mesh winter cover

South-Central PA

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Recommendations for larger pool...

Pentair and AutoPilot also make systems for larger pools. Pentair has a 60,000 gallon unit (IC60) and AutoPilot has 52,000 gallon (RC52) and 67,000 gallon (CC-15) options.
    Josh Ulfers - josh@saltpoolguys.com - 888-725-8766
    SaltPoolGuys.com - AutoPilot Pool Pilot Systems, Parts & Cells - AquaCal Heat Pumps

3. Back To Top    #3

Go big. My 60,000 gallon unit works pretty hard to keep mine chlorinated.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

I have posited this idea a couple of times:

Split the return and put a SWG on each split line - 2 30,000 units (each on a separate line) could generate what you need. a foot or so after the SWG's, join the (now chlorinated) lines back to the original return.

Another thought: If the pool is complex shape with multiple returns to different sections, perhaps insert a SWG immediately ahead of each return - so that, wherever water is coming in, chlorine is also.

Based on feedback to date, my assumption that the outputs of multiple SWG's would be additive (if each is producing 10 mg, and you have 2, you will get 20 mg) is correct.

Just a thought...
    Dave
    Sacramento
    1980's 15,000 Gal IG Plaster; 1 1/2 hp Hayward Northstar; Hayward Swimclear C3025 Cartridge Filter (325 sq ft, nom.); Pentair Legend; Polaris PB4-60; Equipment 40' from pool. p.s.: it's an aye-aye.

5. Back To Top    #5

Have you called them ( Discount Salt Pools)? They have a replacement cell for a SI-60 I'm pretty sure only the cell is different, the control boxes are the same I believe.
    Pool size: 24000gal inground Vinyl-Taylor k-2006 and k-1766 test kits and-speed stir
    Intermatic P1353ME digital timer w/freeze sensor
    CircuPool Si-45 SWCG System
    Polaris 280 vacuum/Polaris PB4-60 boost pump
    Pentair IntelliFlo VS 3hp Pump--Pentair sand filter

6. Back To Top    #6

Same pool size as you. I installed a CircuPool RG60g SWG earlier this year. Love it.
    37,000 gal IG concrete free-form, Hayward TriStar VS pump, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Polaris w/ booster pump, CircuPool RJ60g SWG, Hayward OnCommand w/ remote

7. Back To Top    #7

I would stay away from CircuPool for now as they just went through a redesign and it seems they are having issues with stock and quality again. If you decide to go the salt route, I would choose AutoPilot and get it from JoshU.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

8. Back To Top    #8

Thanks everyone for the feedback. I've been reading a lot of good things on the AutoPilot, so I think that's the route I'm going to head. Would it make sense at this point in the year to wait until spring to purchase and install everything when I'm getting ready to open? JoshU, after reading all the positive reviews on your site and what everyone has to say on here, I will be purchasing from you. Any recommendations on installation time: fall vs spring?
    33K gal L-shaped (2008) IG vinyl | AutoPilot Digital SC60 SWG | 1 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glass pump (model P2RA5E-181L) | 300 sqft Sta-Rite cartridge filter (model S7M120) | Dolphin Sprite cleaning robot | Merlin Smart Mesh winter cover

South-Central PA