How do you keep your cleaner out of the way?

Apr 27, 2011
Just switched to a suction cleaner from pressure and now it runs all day. But it's often in the way when you try to swim etc. I know it should stay in the pool, so has anyone come up with clever solutions to anchor it in place and prevent it from moving around while you're in the pool? We don't have any fencing or anything around the pool to hook a holder onto. I was thinking maybe make a stand out of PVC and mount a water hose holder to it.

I toss mine in every Saturday first thing in the AM let it run till the kids want to swim. Before they get in I remove it and out it in a plastic bin. Then toss it in the shed. It does not seem like a good idea to me to let it I. With swimmers.

Hmmm, I never came across a suction side cleaner that you weren't supposed to remove. That sure does seem like it would get in the way. No wonder you're looking for a way to move it aside. Your signature doesn't have any info. If you add it, and include the type of cleaner you're using I bet someone can give you an answer.

On my pool, for example, I can't leave the vacuum on 24/7 because then I would have to manually skim the pool. If I turn my pump off before unplugging the cleaner my pump doesn't lose prime. It's next to impossible for me to remove the hose with the pump on anyway.

Something is wrong if your pump loses prime when the cleaner is disconnected. Most suction cleaners include a warning to remove the cleaner from the pool before swimming due to the risk of entrapment.

Are you talking about disconnecting it from the wall? I'm talking about taking the cleaner out while it is still connected.

All the pool people have said we can't take the cleaner out. Maybe it is ok if you disconnect it, but that is not feasible because we rent our house half the year and there's no way we can have guests disconnecting the cleaner.

Thanks
Cindi

I have "The Pool Cleaner"

Are you talking about disconnecting it from the wall? I'm talking about taking the cleaner out while it is still connected.

All the pool people have said we can't take the cleaner out. Maybe it is ok if you disconnect it, but that is not feasible because we rent our house half the year and there's no way we can have guests disconnecting the cleaner.

Thanks
Cindi

I have "The Pool Cleaner"

You should completely remove it from the pool before allowing anyone to swim. Disconnect it from the plumbing as well.

Depending on how your pool was built, you should have a three-way valve that allows you turn all the pump suction on to the skimmer/drains and shut off the suction port. That way, you can throw the valve to 100% skimmer and then unplug your suction side cleaner from the vacuum port. Most vacuum ports have a small spring loaded cap door on them so that when you pull out the suction hose, the vacuum port is closed off.

Do you have a control valve at the pump that lets you shut off the vacuum port?

I take my Kreepy Krauly out of the pool when the kids swim and put it back in after everyone is done. You should NOT ALLOW swimmers with the suction cleaner running as there is a chance a swimmer could become entangled in the hose.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.