Adding a vaccum line

Jul 5, 2014
nottingham , UK
I am just working out what pipework I need to convert the rest of my pool to hard plumbing and want to add a vaccum point.

What is the best way of adding this? I was thinking just a t piece off the pipe that goes from my skimmer to my pump coming up to a valve I can turn the line on and off with then going into flexi pipe I can hang on the wall when not in use with a vaccum head on the end of a pole.

Is this how you would normally add a vaccum point? What is to stop my vaccum just filling my pump with aor when I first open the valve?

Many thanks

What is the best way of adding this? I was thinking just a t piece off the pipe that goes from my skimmer to my pump coming up to a valve I can turn the line on and off with then going into flexi pipe I can hang on the wall when not in use with a vaccum head on the end of a pole.

Need to shut off the skimmer too or you won't get much suction though the vac

use a 3 port (divert) valve,
or a T-piece with 2 valves - one to shut off the skimmer, one to open for the vac
or just use a vac plate adapter inside the skimmer bowl - no vac point needed!

What is to stop my vaccum just filling my pump with aor when I first open the valve

Fill the vac hose with water before connecting to suction - easy way is to hold the end of the vac hose over the return jet until all the air is out. Shut the vac valve before you take the hose out of the pool so you don't loose prime.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.