Intex interior strainer (inlet)

I am a new pool owner. I have the Intex 18' x 48' easy set pool. I need to clean the inlet strainer. I can not
get get it loose. I know this sounds crazy but I just can not budge the thing.
Also, if I ever do get it loose, do I need to do anything other than having both hoses closed?
Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. The manual does not refer to this at all.
Thank you.

Not sure exactly which part you are referring to as the inlet strainer.

But the part I would call the inlet strainer would be the grid on the inside of the pool going into the plunger valve. If that's the case, all I ever did was disconnect the skimmer hose, unscrew the blue adapter, the clean the debris from the front of the grid, then out back together.

That is a cartridge filter pump. If you are talking about the cartridge, then yes close both plunged valves. That lid always seemed way tighter than I remember tightening it. Maybe get someone to hold the canister while you use both hands on the ring. Don't forget to open your plungers back and purge what air you can.

Perhaps we need a picture. I have the same pool that is 4 years old. To remove that strainer I would have to drain my pool below the strainer or all of the water would come out. My strainer screws into the assembly that the valve connects into that seals the hole in my vinyl liner. I cant just pull the strainer.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.