Has anyone used the "Heatsavr" liquid solar covers?

Jul 20, 2014
Berks County, PA
Hi,

For years I have used the 'solar fish', but many of these have been discontinued. This year I bought the "heatsavr" liquid. It is 90% ethanol. According to the manufacturer, a few years back they converted from isopropyl alcohol to ethanol, a "bio-based liquid made from corn". http://cloud2.snappages.com/86820d3...d03e0d0285b/2012 New Formula Announcement.pdf

I did read one review where the guy complained that it made his water cloudy, but otherwise most of the reviews are good.

Thanks for any thoughts.

UPDATE - I just found a thread that deals with liquid solar covers by searching through the forums...which leads me to another question - why can't I find the thread that I came across in a search by looking through the 4 pages of the actual forum (the section that deals with 'everything else". That doesn't make sense. It should be there, unless there are 'archived' threads that don't show up.

Keith

why can't I find the thread that I came across in a search by looking through the 4 pages of the actual forum (the section that deals with 'everything else". That doesn't make sense. It should be there, unless there are 'archived' threads that don't show up.

It's a setting that has to be changed. Go to Forum Actions -> General Settings -> scroll down to the "Thread Display Options" setting. The last dropdown in that section can be changed to your liking.

I don't think I have seen any good reviews for these types of products on the forum. If there is any wind at all, the thin layer will be blown to one end of the pool and thus you will not be preventing the evaporation which is cooling the pool.

It is an alcohol based chemical that was developed to reduce evaporation on drinking water reservoirs so it is very safe. I use it on an indoor pool so I can’t speak on the wind effects that others claim but I can say it does cut down on some evaporation and heat loss. I would still recommend a real cover to help keep dust/debris out of the pool and to retain heat/water at night.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.