Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Intellichlor reading low salt / 0 ppm salt?

1. Back To Top    #1

Intellichlor reading low salt / 0 ppm salt?

I've been having problems with my SWG this year. First the cell light was red and it would not produce. Pentair came out and replaced it. Now a month later my new cell is reading low salt. My easytouch says 0 ppm salt. I had my water tested and it was at 3500ppm. I checked the cell for buildup and found none. Tried acid washing it but that did not work. I am dreading calling Pentair as this will be my 4th warranty call in 2 years. Any ideas?
    Hydraulically mundane 20x40 rectangular polymer (~30K gal.), IntelliFlo VS+SVRS pump, IntelliChlor IC40 SWCG, Pentair CCP520 cartridge filter, LED light, 2xDeck Jets, SR Smith Turbo Twister slide

2. Back To Top    #2

Long Beach, CA

Re: Intellichlor reading low salt / 0 ppm salt?

Since it is under warranty I would advise you to use the warranty and have them fix it.

Please post all test results to see if we can tell if something is off with the pool's chemistry that might be leading to the SWG's problems.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3
    Pleasanton, CA

Re: Intellichlor reading low salt / 0 ppm salt?

What is Pentair replacing, cell or control unit?
    Hydraulics 101; Pump Ed 101; Pump and Pool Spreadsheets; Pump Run Time Study; DIY Acid Dosing; DIY Cover Roller
    18'x36' 20k plaster, 1/2 HP 2sp pump, Aqualogic PS8 SWCG, 420 sq-ft Cartridge, Solar, 6 jet spa, 1 HP jet pump, 400k BTU NG Heater, ThePoolCleaner