Leaking Hayward DE3620 Manual Air Relief Valve Assembly

Sep 12, 2010
Hello everyone,

My roommate has a old Hayward DE3620 pool filter (about 9 years old). Whenever there is any kind of pressure built up from filtering it starts leaking pretty badly from the top assembly where the manual air relief valve is (after a backwash it does not leak for a bit until the filters start clogging up again). I started researching and see that it is replaceable for a decent price however there is a difference in the one that is currently on the filter and the ones that I see for sale. The one currently on the filter has what appears to be some sort of pressure relief valve inside the top which is where the water is leaking from along with a small screw type manual air relief. The replacements I see for sale do not appear to have this pressure relief valve (they only have the actual manual air relief valve).

Can anyone let me know if this replacement will work or any issues it would cause?

Are there other replacements I should be looking at?

Also it's model number looks more like its for a DE2420 but will this actually fit the DE3620?

Here is the replacement I am looking at:

http://www.amazon.com/Hayward-DEX2420MAR2-Cartridge-Filter-Assembly/dp/B0032UXRJQ/ref=pd_sxp_f_r

Attached is a picture of the current filter top and where it is leaking from.

Thank you for your help!

Attachments

• pool_filter.jpg
    pool_filter.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 50
It looks like there may have been a design change for that model. I would try contacting Hayward customer service and make sure that part will work with the older model filter. Also if you can take a picture of the label on the filter it would give us more information and we may be able to find out if this is the correct part.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.