Louisiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
SWG Type
Jandy Truclear / Ei
I have been using the TFT-100 kit for a couple years now and wanted to try the Taylor K2006C since i do a lot of testing on a daily basis on my pool. Noticed that when i use the TFT kit i get a reading of 50ppm for CYA, but with the K2006C i get 70ppm. Also why is there a difference between both on the chlorine test where you put one scoop of 0870 and two scoops with the Taylor? Are they that different which i believe they both use the same reagents.
?

2 scoops using the Taylor gives me a FC for the last 2 days using it at 9.0ppm with a CC of 0.5 = 9.5 TC
I check every evening at 6:00pm
Using a SWG

I was running pool 12 hours a day = 6:00am to 12:00pm and then 6:00pm to 12:am
I then reduced an hour off of each one last night and today i still got the same reading after work today. Should i continue to lower hours more or leave?
Should i only use one scoop instead of 2?

The Taylor test wants two level scoops and the TF-100 wants one heaping scoop, both come out to be the same amount of powder as they are the exact same test. I can not say why you are getting 20 points different on the CYA other than the test is +-10.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.