Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: walls start turning yellow

1. Back To Top    #1

walls start turning yellow

All my chemicals are good. They all stay withing range of the suggested levels on this site. I haven't had many problems over the last few years but at the end of last year i started noticing after about a week of not vacuuming the walls would start to turn yellow. its been the same way all year this year. Its really irritating because before I could go weeks without vacuuming and my water would stay crystal clear and i would vacuum due to leaves in the pool not because of the algae look to it unlike this year. Here is a pic of it starting to do it. it may be kind of hard to see. Any ideas of what could be causing this or what i could do to fix it? Thanks in advance!! photo.jpg
    23000 gallons
    hayward sand filter
    inground vinyl pool
    circu pool rj45 salt system

2. Back To Top    #2

Could you post up a set of test results, in case your missing something in the results ? The more eyes on your test results can help in seeing something that you could be missing. Test results tell a story !
    The spots in your pool don't look yellow to me. They look darker. Are they green ? 😎
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: walls start turning yellow

Quote Originally Posted by pwrstrk View Post
    Could you post up a set of test results, in case your missing something in the results ? The more eyes on your test results can help in seeing something that you could be missing. Test results tell a story !
    The spots in your pool don't look yellow to me. They look darker. Are they green ? 😎
    The black spots are leaves that I havent vacumed out yet. The walls are a yellow to light green color. when you brush them it looks like green fog coming off the walls.
    Temperature 80
    Free chlorine 8
    CC .5 (maybe not even that much)
    PH 7.5
    CYA 50
    ALk 80
    Calcium 150
    23000 gallons
    hayward sand filter
    inground vinyl pool
    circu pool rj45 salt system

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm thinking you should SLAM the pool if it's looking green. Has your FC ever been below the min of 4 ?
    I would at least do an OCLT Test to confirm organics or not. 😎
    SLAM Process
    Jeff
    24'x54" AG Morada RTR (by wilbar) 13'500 gal. Hayward Powerflo Matrix 1hp 2 speed. Hayward Perflex EC65 DE filter.

5. Back To Top    #5

You are using one of the recommended test kits correct ? Forgot to ask ya that. 😎
    Jeff