Advice on fibreglass pool restoration please.

milky

Aug 6, 2014
Invermay
Hi guys. I found this site while researching how to repair a fibreglass pool.
I'm completely new to pools and we've just bought a house that has a fibreglass pool in the backyard.
It's been filled unfortunately with dirt. It looks like it has some major cracks, and holes.
We would love to restore the pool but it all depends on the cost and and if we can DIY it. We are experienced renovators (currently renovating the house) and not afraid of hard work, but it really does come down to whether it's worth it financially.
I've been looking at this Youtube video, but any advice, info or links to guides etc would be extremely appreciated! We live in Australia in case that is relevant.

Here's two photos of the pool. Nothing special at the moment, but we'd landscape around it and make it a feature of the property:
pool2.jpg

One from google earth. Looks as though there's a few major cracks and it was left empty perhaps?

pool.JPG

Thanks guys!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.