Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Advice on fibreglass pool restoration please.

1. Back To Top    #1

Advice on fibreglass pool restoration please.

Hi guys. I found this site while researching how to repair a fibreglass pool.
    I'm completely new to pools and we've just bought a house that has a fibreglass pool in the backyard.
    It's been filled unfortunately with dirt. It looks like it has some major cracks, and holes.
    We would love to restore the pool but it all depends on the cost and and if we can DIY it. We are experienced renovators (currently renovating the house) and not afraid of hard work, but it really does come down to whether it's worth it financially.
    I've been looking at this Youtube video, but any advice, info or links to guides etc would be extremely appreciated! We live in Australia in case that is relevant.

Here's two photos of the pool. Nothing special at the moment, but we'd landscape around it and make it a feature of the property:

One from google earth. Looks as though there's a few major cracks and it was left empty perhaps?

Thanks guys!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Advice on fibreglass pool restoration please.

Hi, and welcome to TFP!

Short answer is that you will likely be WAY better off, just doing an entire replacement. As you describe it, I really don't think it sounds worthy of a resto.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tallahassee, FL

Re: Advice on fibreglass pool restoration please.

If it were a legal fill in they had to punch holes in the bottom.

If you want to dig it out we sure will watch by way of pics you post.

TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit, Become a TFP supporter!