Footprints on floor ?

Tbird

Aug 5, 2014
Ohio
Hi all,

New to the forum and first post. We just installed an in-ground pool last week. Steel walls, vinyl with vermiculite bottom. Kids went for first night swim last night with the light on and we instantly noticed many footprints and dents in the bottom of the floor. Seems as thought the kids are leaving footprints/ indents on the floor bottom as they swim??? They even mentioned that they thought they were leaving these marks in the floor as there were pushing themselves off the floor and side walls in the deep end. Is it normal/common for a vermiculite bottom to leave indents in the floor? I have done a little research on this matter over the internet and have not found a consensus. Either there should be "no dents" to the "surface looks like the moon." Should I be concerned with the indents and should I contact my builder to take a look at it? Any comments or suggestions on this matter is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Mine did at first, but over time it smoothed out and you can't see any except a couple in the deep end where nobody touches the bottom normally.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.