Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: SWG with AG Galvanized Steel Pool

1. Back To Top    #1

SWG with AG Galvanized Steel Pool

Hello All,

I really like the idea of having a SWG unit installed. If you go to a pool store to buy a new pool they suggest resin type pools if you want a SWG unit. I read through this tread http://www.poolforum.com/pf2/showthr...lt-pools/page1 (which was a good read and shows how smart all that posted are)

I also see it is quite old and was wondering if today we have solid evidence that a SWG will adversely affect galvanized type pools? I see some suggest that bonding is important and that sacrificial zinc anodes help, I really don't want to see my pool rust out. It is about 14 years old with zero rust. Like any pool it must be well balanced and it seems from the tread that corrosion was linked to very high FC and having no CYA. Has this been proven right or wrong?

Thanks

Luca
    Above Ground Pool 21', Hayward Ultra Pro 1.5HP 2SPD, OLD Sand filter I think a rebranded Jacuzzi or Swimquip. 1 return, 1 Skimmer and 1 drain.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: SWG with AG Galvanized Steel Pool

You may want to post your question on the Poolforum.com website. There are members common to both sites.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3

Hmm. I just noticed that my post has a link to another forum. I saw some names I see on here and didn't pay attention to my cut and paste.

Sorry if I offended this Forum. It is really A GREAT forum for the newbie pool owner

Luca
    Above Ground Pool 21', Hayward Ultra Pro 1.5HP 2SPD, OLD Sand filter I think a rebranded Jacuzzi or Swimquip. 1 return, 1 Skimmer and 1 drain.

4. Back To Top    #4

No offense taken. Just figured some of the original posters would see your question and might be able to respond, but they would never see it here if they're not members.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

5. Back To Top    #5

Got a feeling that these kind of questions lead to heated discussions. From what I gather its a bad idea. I will go to option two Stenner and liquid bleach.
    Luca