Controlling overflow?

ssml11

LifeTime Supporter
Jul 31, 2014
Miami/Florida
I am in the process of building a small 12z24 on a small patio. Should I including any overflow system? What do you recommend? It rains a lot here in Miami! How common is it for people to use an overflow control, and how often do pools overflow?

Yup. that water has to go somewhere. Depending on your yard and the capacity of it to hold or drain water, then just a PVC pipe into a drywell will do. If thats a problem it may be necessary to run a overflow pipe to your sewer or to a street drain. Some places actually have building codes about doing that though.

If your filter will be of backwash type, you can set it to backwash and pump out the water when it gets too high.

Or you install a vacuum to waste vavle between the pump and filter and just direct excess water out of the pool that way.

I am in the process of building a small 12z24 on a small patio. Should I including any overflow system? What do you recommend? It rains a lot here in Miami! How common is it for people to use an overflow control, and how often do pools overflow?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.