Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Controlling overflow?

1. Back To Top    #1

Controlling overflow?

I am in the process of building a small 12z24 on a small patio. Should I including any overflow system? What do you recommend? It rains a lot here in Miami! How common is it for people to use an overflow control, and how often do pools overflow?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Controlling overflow?

When mine overflows, it just goes into the yard, and has never caused me any trouble.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I would think an overflow would be a good idea for you in FL ... not really a problem here, I need an auto-fill
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Yup. that water has to go somewhere. Depending on your yard and the capacity of it to hold or drain water, then just a PVC pipe into a drywell will do. If thats a problem it may be necessary to run a overflow pipe to your sewer or to a street drain. Some places actually have building codes about doing that though.

If your filter will be of backwash type, you can set it to backwash and pump out the water when it gets too high.

Or you install a vacuum to waste vavle between the pump and filter and just direct excess water out of the pool that way.

Quote Originally Posted by ssml11 View Post
    I am in the process of building a small 12z24 on a small patio. Should I including any overflow system? What do you recommend? It rains a lot here in Miami! How common is it for people to use an overflow control, and how often do pools overflow?
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!