Another Happy Stenner Customer - acid dilution vs run-time

Jul 13, 2011
Austin, TX
Using the recommendations from this forum, I added a stenner acid doser to keep the pH down. After some quick calculations and testing, I was able to dial in the stenner in the first attempt. The pH hasn't budged in a week (although I still can't help myself from checking it everyday)!

I do have a quick question - what is the trade off between acid concentration and run time? I have a 5 gallon container that I currently have a 1:1.5 acid to water ratio stored. My mind tells me that 1:3 dilution would be better for the parts, but of course, it would make the pump run longer.

Any recommendations? Should I be concerned about running the pump for 4 hours per day. BTW - the stenner is the fixed flow 3GPD pump.

The dilution rate does not matter to the Stenner. All of the chemical being pumped is trapped in the tubing and never comes in contact with any of the internal pump parts.

They are also rated for continuous duty, so they can run 24/7 without damage.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.