Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Hello from South Carolina

1. Back To Top    #1

Cool Hello from South Carolina

Hi TFP folks from South Carolina. I have recently found this forum and learning the BBB method. Yes it is much more affordable than the pool store. I am using BBB then take my sample to the pool store for fun to test and they say WOW your water is perfect! LOL. I spent enough with them last year and early this year for pay for free tests for a lifetime. Keep up the good work guys!!!
    3rd season: 20,000 Gal, IG, vinyl, Sand Tagelus TA40/400 01-L 6 way valve, Emerson 1081 3450RPM motor with Hayward self priming pump housing, Pool built 1997, TF-100 Test Kit , 2009 Plastimayd 20 mil liner (fading), with safety pool cover, Intermatic Mechanical Timer that haven't figured out yet, Pole/hose vac/brush/leaf rake
    --Mike

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Hello from South Carolina

Hey, someone from my side of the Lake!

Remember, that pool store testing is worth what you paid for it. If you are talking about a store on Lake Murray Blvd they were one of the stores that swore my CYA was fine (90 they said) when in fact it was over 200.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

Hi mh_Jenkins!

Welcome, sit back, enjoy lots of pretty pics and some not so pretty, and we hope you stick around!

Yours Truly,
    Divin' Dave
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

4. Back To Top    #4

Small world! I just spent the weekend up there camping/kayaking at Dreher Island. Welcome!

For the perfect test kit for that pool of yours, take a look at the TF-100 (see link in siggy). It has the most bang for your buck. You might want to splurge on the battery operated magnet speed stirrer also (I mean, if you've got nothing better to do with your cash?) because everyone here who has one says it is worth every penny and kinda cool to use too. Makes testing faster, easy and consistent.

Just holler if you have any questions. The experts around here are more than willing to help!

My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

5. Back To Top    #5

Welcome & Go Gamecocks!

John
    IG 33K Gallons 20'X40', Hayward Pro Series Sand Filter S310T2 (zeolite), Pentair Intelliflo 3HP SVRS Pump

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Welcome to the forum
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Welcome to TFP!
    Gold Supporter, TFP Lifetime Supporter, 26,680 gal Plaster IGP 3.5 - 10' depth / Attached Waterfall Spa, Manually Chlorinated, Triton Sand Filter, 1.5 HP * 1.1 SF = 1.65 SFHP 1-speed Pentair WhisperFlo WF-26 Pump, 400K BTU NG Teledyne Laars Series One Heater, Polaris 360, Test Kit Comparison, Chlorine/CYA Chart, SLAMing Your Pool, OCLT
    A good test kit is an investment, not an expense.