Looking for pump/filter recommedations

Jul 22, 2014
Romney, WV
Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread to ask your own questions and not hijack another members thread which can result in confusion. Thanks, jblizzle

That is the perfect pump. And that filter should work as will ... bigger is always better.

I've read on other sites that bigger can be dangerous...but I assume it's ok to turn the pump off when the pool is in use and turn it back on when empty. Is that ok to do? I have a 15' 48" Intex (4400 gallons) with the tiny and very ineffective 1000gph cartridge filter and I'd like to upgrade to something much better for next season. The current pump will be ok since there's only about 6-8 weeks of pool season left here. Probably going sand and salt for next year but I'd like something that will really get the water moving when turned on.

Like this....

http://www.amazon.com/Ground-4500gp...=1407262400&sr=8-11&keywords=sand+pool+filter

Re: Replacing my filter/pump...Suggestions

I've read on other sites that bigger can be dangerous...but I assume it's ok to turn the pump off when the pool is in use and turn it back on when empty. Is that ok to do? I have a 15' 48" Intex (4400 gallons) with the tiny and very ineffective 1000gph cartridge filter and I'd like to upgrade to something much better for next season. The current pump will be ok since there's only about 6-8 weeks of pool season left here. Probably going sand and salt for next year but I'd like something that will really get the water moving when turned on.

Like this....

http://www.amazon.com/Ground-4500gp...=1407262400&sr=8-11&keywords=sand+pool+filter
I was talking about FILTERS not pumps, where bigger is better. They are 2 different pieces of equipment, although often newer pool owners who buy the combo units get the terminology mixed up.

It depends on your plumbing setup whether it is safe or not. If you only have a single wall suction line, then that is more dangerous. Also some Intex pumps specifically state that you should not run them while swimming.

Any of the Intex sand filter/pump/SWG will be fine for your pool. May not be the best to have the all in one combo though if say the SWG fails.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.