Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Safe Chlorine level

1. Back To Top    #1

Safe Chlorine level

I am having a pool party for a bunch of junior high kids. Would it be wise to raise my chlorine level BEFORE the party and if so how high can I take it and still be safe to swim? Or is it best to just wait until after the party.

I have a SWCG so I would be adding bleach.
    Mike

33,000 gallon IG pebble, SWG - Aqua Rite w/ Hayward T Cell 15, DE filter - Pentair FNSP 60, single speed pump, pool age 13 yr, spa, test kit TF100, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Safe Chlorine level

That sounds like a very good idea to bump it before. It is safe to swim up to the shock level for you CYA see the FC/CYA Chart. But, you do not need to raise it that high. Just add 4-5ppm is probably good and you likely want to bump it up again after.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Since I'm guessing you have your CYA in the right spot around 70-80, don't be afraid to take it up to 9PPM, that should be more than enough. I did the same thing recently, evne though it was a huge party of adults. We probably had 30-40 people in the pool at one point.
    Built in 1957 44,000 gallon in-ground, Wet Edge Primera Stone in Sky Blue, Intelliflo VF Pump, 600 lb. Pentair Triton II TR-100 Sand Filter, CircuPool RG 60 Plus SWG, TF-100 test kit
    If TFP has helped you, please click to SUPPORT TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
    Since I'm guessing you have your CYA in the right spot around 70-80, don't be afraid to take it up to 9PPM, that should be more than enough. I did the same thing recently, evne though it was a huge party of adults. We probably had 30-40 people in the pool at one point.
    Now that's a pool party! Each person had more than 1,000 gallons to swim in!
    IG Pebbletec Blue Tahoe; Paddock Pool PCC 2000 pop-up; 22,275 gal 32' x 16' Diving with Auto-Fill
    Pentair 420 Cartridge filter; 3 hp VS Whisperflo Main Drain, 1 1/2 hp Whisperflo Running Pop-Ups; Jandy AquaPure 1400
    1 1/2 Whisperflo dedicated to Rock Waterfall; TF-100; Taylor K-1766; Pool Built in 1997