Winter and Intex Easyset Pool....

Many folks in cold climates have kept the Intex up over winter. If it is not hard plumbed just take off the hoses, drain the filter and pump and store them in a garage or shed. Keep the skimmer (if you have one) open and plug off the returns and intake (if no skimmer). As long as it is not hard plumbed your should not need antifreeze. You can search intex up over winter for more threads on how folks have winterized their Intex pools.

Aren't the Easy Set the ones with the inflatable ring at the top? I am not sure how well those would do in the winter. The cold air will cause the ring to partially deflate. Seems like it should be easy enough to just drain it and start over in the spring.

I left my metal frame Intex up last winter, and it was a brutally cold one, with no ill effects. It only had a few inches of water, about 6, because I had intended to take it down, but a family emergenc, prevented that. I did drain and remove the filter and store it. I think I will intentionally leave itup this winter, with more water in it. My pool is 3 years old.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.