Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: IC-40 Power Cord Removal at the chlorinator end?

1. Back To Top    #1

Houston Area

IC-40 Power Cord Removal at the chlorinator end?

I was curious if there was a way to unhook the cable coming off the chlorinator to facilitate cleaning? I can disconnect it from the main board, but i have multiple wires "zip tied" together on my pad, so unless I can remove the cable at the chlorinator itself, I would be limited in how far I can move the chlorinator when I remove it for cleaning since the cable is tied to the others on the pad to keep them together. I could always cut out the zip ties, remove the chlorinator cable and then after cleaning use new zip ties to keep the cables together, but I would prefer no to. I have removed the chlorinator and inspected it and it does have some calcium deposits on one end of the cells.
    18K gal, Gunite, 17' x 32', Blue Granite PS, MasterTemp 400,000 BTU Heater, Pentair Intelliflo pump, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair IC40 SWG, Easy Touch 8, Intellibrite LED lights in pool and spa, Pentair Kreepy Krauly Legend Pressure Side Cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2
    Tucson, AZ

Re: IC-40 Power Cord Removal at the chlorinator end?

I am pretty sure the cable can not be disconnected at the cell end. That would make the ability for water to intrude more likely.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!