Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Accidentally wired my new Aquarite wrong!

1. Back To Top    #1

Accidentally wired my new Aquarite wrong!

Hi All:

I installed my new aquarite last night and I wired as a 120v (jumpers moved to 1&2 and 3&4 and load 1 on 4 and load 2 on 1). I turned on the system and experienced a load pop! The breaker popped for the filter pump. I realized what I did and rewired it correctly and everything seems to be working just find. My question is did I damage anything? The board where the connectors are turned a little black but everything seems to be ok but not sure if there is any long term damage.

My second question is there a way to make my Jandy PDA control the Aquarite?

Many Thanks!
    25,000 vinyl w salt located north nj. Waterfall, spillover spa, Polaris 280

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Accidentally wired my new Aquarite wrong!

Without knowing exactly what you did wrong it's hard to say what may have happened. I suspect that you created a dead short with one of the jumpers. If that's the case you probably didn't hurt anything except the terminal board a little.

You should be able to use that Jandy automation to control the Aquarite. There are wiring diagrams in the manuals.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Ok great. I tried hooking up the pda using the same colored wires to match the board but it didnt seem to register. Is there anything else I need to do?
    25,000 vinyl w salt located north nj. Waterfall, spillover spa, Polaris 280

4. Back To Top    #4

On a lot of those systems you can't go by the wire color. Look at the different hookups and see which matches the one you need.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit