Ow! My elbows! Am I using the push vacuum incorrectly??

Our semi above ground pool came with a simple suction type cleaner, with a heavy, annoying hose, long pole and triangular broom head.

It doesn't help that the entire perimeter of the pool is fine sand, but gosh, surely there is an easier way to handle the hose/vacuum? I find myself wrestling it into the pool, trying to step over the sand, but the hose usually has some left over water in it, weighs a ton. Pushing the vacuum really hurts my elbows! And then trying to get the hose out, leaving the water in, missing the sand, usually goes poorly and I end up throwing the whole lot onto grass.

Do hose reels work at managing and keeping the hose clean? do I need a robotic cleaner to have something less heavy, or is there something in between suction and robotic? Any tricks for getting the vacuum/hose out without pouring water onto my shoes/ground?

My Parents have an above ground 24' Doughboy. Before taking out the pool vacuum hose disconnect it first from the skimmer and then remove the cleaner head from the pool and place on the ground away from your sand you indicated you have. Raise the hose above the pool water slightly so all the water in the hose drains back into the pool verses flowing towards the pool cleaner head you just removed and do this until you pull all of the cleaner hose out. Hope this helps. I should note in my in ground pool I do the opposite with my auto pool cleaner. I disconnect the pool cleaner hose from the pool and pull it out letting all the water drain back into the pool as I pull the hose out. I then pull the cleaner out and let the remainder of the water to drain out into the pool.

Vacuum from inside the pool. If the vac is hard to move, inspect the brushes. As they wear, the suction can get stronger.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.