To Plug or Not To Plug, That Is The Question...

rjbur

Aug 4, 2014
San Jose, CA
Hi, first post here...

I live in Northern California, so my question is not a "winterizing" question.

I need to do some work on the plumbing / piping on the filter system. Basically I am moving the system about 60+ feet from one side of the house to the other.

I plan to re-layout / rerun the pipes over to the other side of the house. This will entail having to locate where they are now, then choosing a good place to cut the existing runs and rout them to the other side of the house.

I was told that I don't necessarily need to plug my lower pool drain, as it will only drain to the level of my cut pipe. However, I'll need to cut underground the drain line as well as all the other lines. Theoretically my pool will drain to just the level of these cuts. I'm expecting that to be probably 12+ inches below pool level and the pipes would be running level with the ground. That still sounds like allot of lost water and a challenge to keep the pipe dry while gluing on the new run.

I'm thinking I'm probably going to want to plug my drains.

Rich

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.