Bought a home with inground vinyl pool - my first pool ever!. Replaced the liner and everything was fine until we had some soaking rain for three days. I saw this forum and now looking to convert from using 3" pucks and shocking weekly to TFPC. I ordered the TF100 and waiting for it to arrive. After the rain, pool turned a slight greenish color. I could still see the bottom, but not very clear. I shocked it with what I thought was the appropriate level of liquid bleach (4 gallons) and pool is still green. Went to pool store today and they indicated my phosphate levels were high and was the cause of the algae/green color. After reading pool school and looking at my test results below from the pool store, I believe I need almost 6 gallons to shock the pool based on my CYA level. Can someone just confirm that this is the right path? I have a 22200 gallon inground vinyl pool.
Here are my test results...
Copper - 0
Iron - 0
Total Dissolved Solids - 800
Phosphates - 1000 (the recommendation from pool store is below 100)