So if by chance you're one of the nice people that have been helping me after my stupid mistake (in short, i accidentally put a ton of CYA in my pool and had to drain it almost entirely), i have successfully filled my pool back up after 2 weeks of slowly doing it through our well. In that time it eventually turned a nice shade of green and yesterday I shocked it. My levels are as follows:
FC : 3ppm
CC : 0ppm
PH : 7.4
AK : 70ppm
CH : 10ppm
CYA : 30ppm
using a Taylor K-2006 test kit
What has me stumped is the cloudiness of the water. I had mentioned before that my sand filter probably needs new sand but I believe the concensus was that had nothing to do with it and was most likely my high levels of CYA (which made total sense). Is there anything else I can try here to solve the cloudiness ?
History So Far
1. 7/15/2014 : Discovered I had put in approximately 150ppm of CYA into pool.
2. 7/16/2014 : Drained more than 2/3 of the pool
3. 7/18/2014 : Began filling the pool back up to get it below 50ppm CYA.
4. 8/3/2014 : Pool level back up to skimmer and is a nice shade of green. Shocked it overnight.
5. 8/4/2014 : Came home from work and pool was blue and measured at what I reported above.
So now that i'm at 3ppm for Chlorine, i assume I'd have to verify that it holds overnight or doesn't drop more than a few ppm. Am i being too impatient here to expect the cloudiness to be gone with these levels ? Should I shock it one more night here at the recommended 16ppm and hope that it holds within a few ppm overnight ? At a bit of a loss. Thanks guys,