Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Confusing Ecomatic ESC Manual(s) - Salt Level - Acid ratio to clean

1. Back To Top    #1

Confusing Ecomatic ESC Manual(s) - Salt Level - Acid ratio to clean

I have an ESC-36 and in my hardcopy manual from about 5 years ago, it says the minimum salt level should be 3000ppm and I run at 3500.

The online manual you can get says minimum is 4000 ppm and ideally 4500 ppm

this is on page 20 of the attached

As far as cleaning your cell, my hardcopy says 1 part acid to 3 parts water. The online manual says 1 part acid to 10 parts water but still has a diagram showing 3 to 1.

this is on page 10.

What are the correct levels based on these 2 conflicting manuals by them?

I am attaching the manual you can find online. You can download this small file here:

http://www.filedropper.com/eco-matic...uctions-manual

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Confusing Ecomatic ESC Manual(s) - Salt Level - Acid ratio to clean

If the SWG is happy working and not giving salt errors then I would run it at 3500. If it says low salt then bump it up to 4000 and see if that makes a difference.

To clean the cell start with the 1:10 ratio and see how it cleans up. If it doesn't clean it, add some more acid to the mix. A 1:3 ratio is fairly strong and I would avoid that if possible.
    16k gal plaster with raised spa, Jandy DEV60 filter, 2 HP 2-speed SHPF Jandy Stealth pump
    Hayward Aqua Rite T-15 SWCG, Jandy LXi 400k BTU NG heater, 350 sq.ft. of Sun Star solar panels, TF-100 Test Kit, Dolphin s300i Cleaner
    Test Kits . Pool Math . Chlorine/CYA Chart . The SLAM Process

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Confusing Ecomatic ESC Manual(s) - Salt Level - Acid ratio to clean

They most likely made some changes to the units from the time you got yours. The online manual is probably for the new units and therefore reflects the latest recommendations. Ping had good recommendations above.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit