Jandy wireless OneTouch problem "Water temperature short"

Jul 17, 2014
Morgan Hill, ca
On my wireless control I have the "Water Temperature Short" error. I have both swapped the air and water temperature leads and problem did not go away (air temp reads correct) and have check ohms on sensor which read good. Additionally, my LAARS will not heat the pool unless I take it offline (from RS control) and manually start it. Any ideas?

Normally that error means there is a piece of wire shorting across the two terminals where the temperature sensor connects, or there is short in the temperature sensor cable, or the sensor has gone bad. As az1324 mentioned, it can also mean a bad main board in the automation system. Try removing the sensor wires from their terminals and see if the error message changes.

The way your heater is acting is correct if either the sensor or the sensor portion of the board are bad. What is the part number for the sensor you purchased? What color are the wires inside the cable, red/white, on the original one?

Thanks all!

I am hoping it is not the board as I don't want to shell out another $600. I briefly checked the back of the board for any conduction path (short) but didn't notice anything. I have not replaced the temp sensor yet (I do have a new one), just swapped the air temp sensor wires with the water temp wires. When I did this it still showed the Water Temperature Short and the air temp read off the pool temp. How would I go about testing the board (any links to a troubleshooting guide)?

If you swapped the air for the water and it still said Water Temp Shorted, then it's the board. I don't know how you would test the board. When you go to purchase one, find a company that will do a refund at no cost in case you do have to return it. However, it does look like a board issue.

Reset is done through the software (panel in house). MENU/HELP / SYSTEM SETUP / CLEAR MEMORY. Then follow on screen directions. Note: Make note of your settings, labels, programs, etc. Clearing memory resets your unit to the same state as when it came out of the box.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.