I noticed some black algae starting to grow around my pool lights. They are fiber optic lights and I believe they are cemented into the pool wall. If not, I'm not sure how to remove them. There is a slight crevasse around the light where it meets the wall and that is where the algae is forming. The water is crystal clear. I scrubbed the lights with a chlorine puck, then scrubbed around the light with a toothbrush to remove the algae. After the bits stopped coming off I scrubbed again with the puck. The cleaner is running to sweep up the broken off bits of algae. Is there anything else I should do? Are the little bits that floated to the bottom of the pool now at risk of growing and spreading to the plaster? My chlorine is high right now at 8.5 and my CYA is less than 30. (my pool is almost completely shaded and I have had no problems with chlorine loss, hence the low cya). Thanks!
water temp 83