Hi All, Newbie Here..
So I just closed on a home and had the vinyl in ground pool opened up after 2 years on non use. Fortunately it had a pool cover on it so there wasn't much debris aside from algae. We had a pool guy come in and shock with 8lbs of powdered chlorine on 2 occasions and had the pumps running 24/7. After a nice scrubbing of the walls and few back washes and a vacuum, the pool was nice and clear...4 days later, there I checked the pool and saw very some light spots of algae on the floor and walls ..(wasn't able to be at the property but the pumps were running). Went to Leslie's and threw 2 bags of shock Saturday evening and then applied 12 caps of pool first aid the morning after since I was told it's a 24,000 gal pool.. Cleared up a bit by Sunday evening so I was thinking I do the same Monday evening with the pool first aid and go from there. I'm hoping it will be all gone so I can then continue the upkeep with the chlorine tablets and floaters I also purchased! Am I on the right track? Thanks all!