Help with Numbers

I have a salt pool this year so I didn't think that I would need an expensive kit. I was told to get my CYA up since it was down to 0 and not holding chlorine. So I did that and now it's all out of whack. So what do you suggest?

What exactly did you do to raise CYA / How much stabilizer did you add ... and when?

And is your reading of 30-50 Calcium or CYA?

I will be the first to chime in and say you need a good test kit so you know what your numbers really are. Assuming they are correct (which they may or may not be) your first step is to reduce your PH.

How does the water look?

Provide all of this info, order a test kit which you will get in two or three days and we will get things squared away and you will have a good solid month of swimming left this summer!

I know it sounds like a big sales pitch when all of the posts you read on here say "buy a good test kit" but it isn't .... a good test kit is the foundation of pool care. You need to know your pool chemistry to effectively manage your pool.

Who told you to add cya? It wasn't anybody here-- today's posts are the first you've had for over 1.5 months. If you have a pool, you need an adequate test kit. Neither test strips or pool stores fit that requirement.
In fairness, Jason did suggest you needed to add cya back on the 14th of June.

Who told you to add cya? It wasn't anybody here-- today's posts are the first you've had for over 1.5 months. If you have a pool, you need an adequate test kit. Neither test strips or pool stores fit that requirement.
In fairness, Jason did suggest you needed to add cya back on the 14th of June.

Actually yes I did add the amounts that Jason suggested to me. I just hadn't been on in awhile. It has only been in the 70's here in NY so I will invest in a good pool kit for next year and a pool heater. My water was always freezing and unfortunately located under a tree that my neighbor has. Will have to move things around next year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.