Pea gravel decking already cracking on 4 month old pool!!! Is this normal?!?!

Kelkel

Feb 17, 2014
Houston
I need to take a picture but in the meantime, I have a question....is pea gravel decking supposed to already be cracking? We have 4 separate places where there are at least 12-18 inch hairline cracks in the pea gravel. Can this possibly be normal on a not even 4 month old pool?!
I haven't brought it up yet with our builder, but I'm not optimistic he's going to readily fix it, as he still has outstanding other small things he's supposed to fix & hasn't.

Our new concrete deck last year has many surface cracks. Some of them came very soon after completion. PB admitted that the mixture was a little dry as the weather suddenly turned sunny. Subsequent sections (new loads) were better. Ours is fairly well masked due to the random stone pattern and coloring.

Concrete cracks. Sometimes more than others. I too would not expect the PB to offer any solution.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.