Help! Crazy pool install!

Hi all! I need help! We had a 27' 52" Aqua leader installed about 2.5 weeks ago and we have been going crazy trying to figure out what/how to back fill this massive cavern that has been dug to install the pool! We knew some dirt needed moved but by the time we go home and the installer was gone, and there was a trench around most of the pool that is as high as almost 3 feet and only a foot or so from the pool itself! no room for a wall and we are only supposed to back fill up to 18" at most! We called the installer to ask why it was buried so deep and he never returned our calls and the company we bought it from just says IDK ask the installer!!!! We do not know what to do and we are afraid of damaging the pool!

Some key info about the pools location; located in midwestern MO. down side of house where there is runoff from gutters:( soil is 1ft black dirt with lots of clay, not much rock though.

any help would be awesome!!!

TYIA!!!!

cant tell from your pics, but is it a doughboy pool or another brand rated for burial? if so, id use that pile of dirt and bury that sucker, it would look good! my doughboy pool is buried 34 inches deep on one side, 18 inches on the other. i love it!

We had extensive leveling for our pool as well (partially because my hubby and his brother are computer programmers instead of excavators and did the work themselves and had to keep trying to get it perfectly level!) and thus we had a rather deep hole when we were done. I know it is a lot of work, but I would make the effort to get that dirt away from the pool so that you have a good amount of room to walk around it and also have a retaining wall. We used concrete bags and made the retaining wall just stacking up the bags, found the inspiration for that online. It worked great. My hubby did put a drain layer and gravel behind the bags but overall, this was the cheapest way to get a sturdy wall and do it ourselves. Next year's project is a deck and the retaining wall will not be seen anymore.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.