How to best program pump?

We just installed an IntelliFlo pump. We have approximately 28,000 gallon pool. I'm trying to determine how to program the pump to best suit our pool. What RPM should it run at and for how long, etc?

Welcome to TFP! If you spend the time reading through the articles on this site ( and for me re-reading several times) you will find a wealth of information that help with many of your questions. Being a first time pool owner, it helped me to start out on the right foot with my pool.

I had to experiment a little. 1000 rpm was a little slow for the SWG so I kept bumping up to make sure the SWG was happy. If you have automation with your pump, it can help,with various tasks or a water feature. I have several settings for things such as my pressure side cleaner, waterfall, quick skim, etc. The same goes with run time. Just had to experiment a little. Based on what I have learned on this site, it's not a one answer fits all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.