I'm new the this forum and hope to get some help on this issue. My pool is controlled by Jandy Aqualink RS and actuator valves which control the usual functional along with solar. It has been functioning perfectly for the last 6 years. Recently I have noticed the JVA controlling the solar stays in the 'on" position even if the system calls for it to be off. I have performed the following tests but still have this problem intermittently.
1. Checked the manual toggle switch but the actuator did not move.
2. Removed the motor from the valve and confirmed the valve turns by hand freely.
3. Unplugged the JVA at the Aqualink and confirmed 24V on each pin after pressing "Solar" button in manual mode.
4. Switched the plug on the "suspect JVA" with a known working one and confirm the solar button does switch the JVA.
5. Plugged in the "suspect JVA" into another socket in the Aqualink for "SPA", manually turned on Spa, which powered the "suspect JVA."
6. Plugged the "suspect JVA" back into the correct socket in the Aqualink and it works using the solar button in manual mode.
The suspect JVA now works and I can use the toggle switch to open/close it. This is an intermittent problem and I was looking into the possibility the micro switch inside the JVA may be going bad. Does anyone have experience in this area that could help me de bug this issue?