Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Jandy valve actuator issues

1. Back To Top    #1

Gilroy, California

Jandy valve actuator issues

I'm new the this forum and hope to get some help on this issue. My pool is controlled by Jandy Aqualink RS and actuator valves which control the usual functional along with solar. It has been functioning perfectly for the last 6 years. Recently I have noticed the JVA controlling the solar stays in the 'on" position even if the system calls for it to be off. I have performed the following tests but still have this problem intermittently.
    1. Checked the manual toggle switch but the actuator did not move.
    2. Removed the motor from the valve and confirmed the valve turns by hand freely.
    3. Unplugged the JVA at the Aqualink and confirmed 24V on each pin after pressing "Solar" button in manual mode.
    4. Switched the plug on the "suspect JVA" with a known working one and confirm the solar button does switch the JVA.
    5. Plugged in the "suspect JVA" into another socket in the Aqualink for "SPA", manually turned on Spa, which powered the "suspect JVA."
    6. Plugged the "suspect JVA" back into the correct socket in the Aqualink and it works using the solar button in manual mode.

The suspect JVA now works and I can use the toggle switch to open/close it. This is an intermittent problem and I was looking into the possibility the micro switch inside the JVA may be going bad. Does anyone have experience in this area that could help me de bug this issue?

2. Back To Top    #2
    Lakeland, FL

Re: Jandy valve actuator issues

I wonder if this video will help you out: How to Adjust an Electronic/Actuator Valve- Internal Cam Repair -Jandy or Compool
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Lakeland Florida

3. Back To Top    #3
    Silver Spring, MD

Re: Jandy valve actuator issues

If the switch on the JVA has no effect sometimes and works other times, it is almost certainly a loose connection between the JVA and the main control box. That could be a bad connection at one end or a fault inside the wire.
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School