Re gel coating fiberglass pool

I have a fiberglass pool, sapphire blue. It developed a nasty whitish cream coating. The manufacturer said it was the maintenance people, the maintenance people said it was the gel coat. I had used a salt system. The manufacturer told me they had seen this in the their dark colored pools mainly with salt systems. They sent a crew, at my cost, to sand the coating and polish the pool. The results are a problem, uneven sanding, stripping of color and very rough and sharp texture. I have gone back to chlorine (ugh). The manufacturer is now saying the pool will need to be re gel coated and they will send a crew to it. But, it must be either white or light blue. Has anyone had this done? Was it successful? Was there a warranty? Will the pool crack because it cannot be braced during the time it is empty and being gel coated? Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.