Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Aqua Rite Flow Switch Tee Replacement

1. Back To Top    #1

Aqua Rite Flow Switch Tee Replacement

My Aqua Rite Flow switch tee start leaking and after further inspection it has a crack where the switch is screwed in. My question is will a standard tee from home depot work or is this tee special?

2. Back To Top    #2

In the Industry

Re: Aqua Rite Flow Switch Tee Replacement

They do make t,s like that, just serch around. There is a little arrow on top of the flow switch that tells water flow. Unscrew and screw it on new t.

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd wrap the switch with Teflon tape and screw it in again and see if you can stop the leak or slow it down enough where it is not a problem. If the "t" is glued in, you have some work to do - cut out the old one, splice in a new one. Depending on how much space you have this may be a real bear.

And you can repair it if the alternatives are too ugly.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

4. Back To Top    #4

I would assume that the switch is a standard thread so you could get a new tee to screw it into. I don't think some tape is going to help as the fitting is cracked, likely from over tightening.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

I screwed the switch out and I put a heater hose clamp on the fitting and then I put the switch back in and now I have the leak down to a drip. Also I bought a new tee from Lowes and the switch would not fit down the hole because the threads do not go all the way down to the bottom of the fitting as the bottom is molded smaller. I took a round file and enlarged the bottom of the threaded hole and I will try it this weekend.
    32,000 gallon inground plaster pool/spa combo spillover. Aqua Rite Pro with Sense and Dispense. Jandy iAquaLink Control. Polaris 280 vac. Sheer Descent, Fiber optic deck jet water feature. Vanishing wall. Whisperflo pumps, Pentair clean and clear cartridge filters.