Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Filter pump not turning on

1. Back To Top    #1

Filter pump not turning on

I have a Jandy Aqualink RS6 control panel in my house (circa 1998) with a corresponding control panel/breaker panel out at the equipment pad. My filter pump is no longer turning on as scheduled. The light above the filter pump button on the RS6 control panel lights up but the pump is not running. When I go to the control panel at the pad, if I put the system in "Service" mode and try the filter pump button out there it doesn't turn on either. Again, button lights up but the pump is not running. Every time I push the button on, there is a clicking sound behind the Power Center bezel where the buttons are. Every few times I can get the pump to turn on, so it is not a pump issue. I believe it is either a problem with power center itself or the relay. Any idea how to troubleshoot which it is without just replacing parts? I'm sure it's not the control panel in the house because the symptoms are the same regardless of where I push the button at.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Filter pump not turning on

Clicking sounds like a relay issue.
    TFP Moderator Chris V. ~16K Pool & Spa, 48NSF DE, IG Plaster Circa 2000, Intermatic PE653, Challenger pump with a 2 speed B2984, 20gal stenner chlorine injection, Houston, TX
    One cannot follow Islam and Christianity at the same time, nor can one follow pool store methods and TFP at the same time.
    Pool School -- Pool Math -- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Filter pump not turning on

Thanks! I ordered a new relay this morning. I figured that was the cheapest way to start anyway ($28 vs. $500 for the control board).