??-On/Off switch for ic40-or timer-maybe-these my best solutions

ryker

Gold Supporter
May 2, 2014
Inverness Fl
The title says it all.

New 12K/Gal pool, w/Pentair ic40 swg that I have not started up yet. Did not want to have to buy the control unit ($) for the ic40 on top of the pool install.. Retired to Fl. to be near relatives, so we put the pool in.

Did some searches here, the problem I have is the unit stays on (from what I’ve read), at too low an rpm: 1500. I have a Pentair VS pump, programmable for different times/speeds, but not low enough to shut the unit off for what I need the pump running at. At 750 rpm, the unit turns off, but that’s too low for the pool.

Here’s the problem. We have a cage around the pool. It is absolutely amazing how much stuff from the Live Oak trees, gnats, pollen (we’re in country), little things you can see on the surface of the pool and I don’t even know what it is, make it through the screen. Therefore, in getting used to the new pool for the last 4 months, it seems that running the vs pump like this (3 hrs in-floor cleaning system-then the rest of the day at 1500 rpm to keep the skimmer doing the surface, the bottom drain does its thing, keeps the pool very clean). But this is 6 in morning to 6 at evening, and yes we have gone nuts, using the pool off and on that much during the day, coming from Wa state.

So, all of you that have an ic40, you know that set even at 20% run time, for that length of time, at least from what I’ve read, I will probable flood the pool with FC.

What do you think, is an on/off switch or timer my best solution?

Thanks

I love this web site.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.