TA 70
FC 12
PH 7.3 when FC was 8, now shows 7.5 with over 10 FC
CH 530
And......
CYA 70

A year ago CYA was 150-160
CH was over 600
Have done partial drains over the last year, mostly by draining in anticipation of a storm. Live in the desert in Tucson so water is an issue.

I think this is about as far as I will go with lowering my CYA. Over 330 days of sunshine per year, need the sun umbrellas for the CL. I may lower a little if we get more rain to help the CH and to lower CYA so I can use a puck if I take and extended vacation. I will keep my CSI under control by keeping PH in 7.2 range.

Have never, knock on wood, had algae, even in pre TFP method so CYA at 70 should work for me as long as I keep FC at target levels. Gonna add a little MA and then enjoy the pool later today.
Water looks great, thanks for all the help with my dumb questions along the way. I still have an issue with small floaty particles, dealing with that in another thread, but I am coming to the conclusion it is seasonal blow in of pollen and small leaves from desert trees and bushes.

Way to go.
attachment.php

You understand pool chemistry!
attachment.php

I've been doing a more-or-less weekly partial drain and refill to lower the CH buildup in my pool. As a side benefit, I've lowered the CYA to where I can use pucks about half the time. If you're lucky, you'll get there, too. It's wonderful, being able to go days without having to add a drop of anything.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.