CYA question

amb

Sep 3, 2013
Gardiner, MT
We just got our CYA in the mail and are about to add it. I have read that people say to put it in a sock in the strainer or in front of a return (but not to allow it to touch the wall). I was going to put it in our strainer, but wanted to make sure I was understanding it correctly. The only strainer we have is srainer that goes from the hose that exits the pool to the sand filter (so hose, strainer, sand filter, it came with the filter) and then the sand filter, then the swg and then the return to the pool. I know some people have strainers in the pool or have added them to the walls. Just want to make sure I am putting it in the correct spot. Thanks for your help.

skimmer vs strainer...that is where I was getting confused. We have a skimmer from our first intex pool that would could let it sit in, but not one that attaches to this pool since the "strainer" that screws into the wall doesn't have a hole for a hose (a defect in my opinion and really limits the ease of use!). Can either of you answer a question about the sand filter? My husband didn't realize I was posting here and went to put it in the inline strainer (right before the sand filter). I stopped him and he closed it back up, however, the sand filter that was running around 10 psi, is now running around 2 to 4 psi and we can't get the strainer to fill back up completely with water...is around 2/3 full, instead.

A picture's worth a thousand words. Others have reported good luck sticking a pole in a ladder or something so it dangles. There's also a picture somewhere on here where someone tied the socks to a pool noodle and just let it bob around. In front of the return will probably get it to dissolve faster.
attachment.php

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.