steps to take when leaving pool for a week

How long does it take your pucks to dissolve completely, and how many can you put in? When I was using bleach, I poured a jug of bleach in just before I left and put as many pucks as I could fit in a floater. When I came back 10 days later, my FC was still 5ppm and I had a bit of the tabs left as well. Probably could have lasted another few days.

You're in great shape if CYA is only 25.

I raise the water level a couple inches to allow for a lot of evaporation, so I don't run the risk of running the pump dry and frying it, and then I pack as many pucks into the floater as I can. If you break them, they'll dissolve faster and you can also sometimes fit more in.

What is your CYA level ? Bring FC up to shock level and put some pucks in a floater if you have room for CYA. Leave cover on it.
Other option is have somebody look after it. ��

EXACTLY what I'm doing this week. Will also have a friend make two 1 gallon bleach additions on Tues. and Thurs.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.