Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Concerned about adding skimmer and taking down pool for winter

1. Back To Top    #1

Concerned about adding skimmer and taking down pool for winter

Split by moderator from HERE. Please start a new thread to ask your own questions. Thanks, jblizzle.

We just put up our 18x52 Intex Ultra Frame pool this spring. We live in Nebraska & was told by the guy at the local pool store that we should take it down over the winter. I had planned on just winterizing it. I would also like to install the Hayward in-wall skimmer like HacoboPablo did... but my husband is worried about the liner stretching differently when the pool is put back up & ending up with a big leak. Any suggestions on whether or not I can leave the pool up over the winter & installing my Hayward skimmer??

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Concerned about adding skimmer and taking down pool for winter

Someone up north will know about leaving it up vs. Knocking it down. I took mine down last year with the skimmer installed. No big deal, just folded it up in the liner. It won't cause any problems.
    Intex UltraFrame 14'x48in - 3,900 gallons. Intex 1600 GPH combo Sand Filter/SWG Hard Plumbed w/Hayward skimmer, suction & return. Borates.
    And... 15k gallon kidney shaped gunite 1975 vintage. Hayward DE3620 filter + Hayward 750 pump.
    TF100 Test Kit | Pool School | Pool Math