Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: eyeballs?

1. Back To Top    #1

eyeballs?

Greetings
    Old pool has no eyeballs and no eyeball pieces. And no threads in return pipes.
    Searched and find much on how to use (also googled), not so much on do I need?
    Jpg shows configuration and where debris settles and direction of ripples on the surface.
    Do I need eyeballs?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: eyeballs?

Eyeballs can be helpful in some cases. You could probably find ones that slip inside the pipe, if you wanted.

However, I don't think that I would worry too much about trying to get eyeballs. They aren't always helpful. If there is any weakness in the plumbing, then the extra pressure might be enough to cause a leak. A quick brushdown with a 24" nylon brush every other day should be adequate.

You could also get an automatic cleaner. There is a good selection of cleaners available.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: eyeballs?

Quote Originally Posted by JamesW View Post
    However, I don't think that I would worry too much about trying to get eyeballs.
    thank you

Ok, will forget 'em
    IG under fir trees and one cherry surrounded by grass built in 1979, 30k, plaster, old Sta-Rite HRPB30, 4.9 sq.ft, 20 GPM/sq.ft., but with new glass, new (in 2012) 1 HP WhisperFlo one speed, new (in 2013) Rainbow tab chlorinator attached at the top, old Maxi-Flo Heat Exchanger MF-260, Burnham V7 oil heater 245 MBH, new (in 2012) Compool to Easytouch, Taylor K-2005 and TF-100.