Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Clorox now makes pool chemicals...

1. Back To Top    #1

Clorox now makes pool chemicals...

I was looking on Amazon for a cheap test kit (to test my well water pH, not my pool [but, that's a whole other story]) and I noticed a banner advertising Clorox pool chemicals. I expected to just see relabeled bleach, but no, they went all the way. They have solid chlorine, algaecide, clarifiers, everything. I have to say, I just lost some respect for Clorox. Chlorine/Here's their whole range of products.

Does anyone know how long this stuff has been around? Also, it should be noted that, at least on Amazon, I don't see any Clorox "Liquid Chlorine."
    John
    7 year old ~13,500 gal 24' AGP with 1.5 hp Proline pump, 150 sqft Pleatco cartridge, filled with well water with pH of about 4.5.
    Wanda the Whale pool vacuum, home made heater, Taylor K-2006
    Cloudy Pool? 1) Order test kit. 2) Follow SLAM
    New to TFPC? Read Pool School a few times, then post questions. PoolMath will help with chemical additions.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Clorox now makes pool chemicals...

Clorox does have "Clorox Pool and Spa" which is 10% liquid chlorine. I saw it at Lowes.
    27,500 gallon in ground gunite/plaster (1995). Attached Spa with fountain, spillway, and 2 lion heads streaming into the pool. Hayward pump and AO Smith UST1152 1.5 hp motor (single speed). Hayward 60 sq ft DE Filter (Model DE-6000). Kreepy Krauly cleaner.

3. Back To Top    #3

16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

4. Back To Top    #4

I saw it at Lowes too.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

5. Back To Top    #5

This topic came up a few months ago, as it turns out Clorox is just licensing their name out to 3rd party that makes the stuff.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

6. Back To Top    #6

Ahhhhhh,
    well the Clorox I saw at Lowes was close to 4.50 gallon. It was right beside the Kem-Tek 10% chlorine for 2.85 gallon. Thats a pretty expensive label if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    This topic came up a few months ago, as it turns out Clorox is just licensing their name out to 3rd party that makes the stuff.
    Divin Dave,
    IG Vinyl, 15' x 30', 3 1/2' - 6' deep, Oval, ~15K gal, Intelliclor IC40, Intelliflo VS pump, Clean and Clear 420 Filter, auto-fill-disabled, Retrofit LED Color Light, Dolphin Nautilus Robot, TF100 Test Kit, Taylor K1766 Salt Test Kit, Tftestkit Pressure Gauge.
    www.tftestkits.net Experience- it's what's learned just after you needed it most !!

7. Back To Top    #7

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Ahhhhhh,
    well the Clorox I saw at Lowes was close to 4.50 gallon. It was right beside the Kem-Tek 10% chlorine for 2.85 gallon. Thats a pretty expensive label if you ask me.
    Never thought about Lowes for liquid chlorine. Nearby Meijer store has 10% for $12.49 a case ($3.12/gal).
    I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    16x32x8 Fort Wayne Elite Polymer IG with vinyl liner and 8' acrylic end steps. Hayward S-200 sand filter with 220 VAC Super Pump and VariFlo valve. Installed in 1988.
    Jim

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Divin Dave View Post
    Ahhhhhh,
    Just came from our nearby lowes. no Clorox pool products nor Kev-Tek.
    I've gone out to look for myself. If I return before I get back, have me wait for me.
    16x32x8 Fort Wayne Elite Polymer IG with vinyl liner and 8' acrylic end steps. Hayward S-200 sand filter with 220 VAC Super Pump and VariFlo valve. Installed in 1988.
    Jim